Credibility of online news sources

In my opinion most online news is not credible, maybe its easier for people to report false news behind a computer screen than in person.

Current research is mixed with regard to the question of how the credibility of news published on websites compares with traditional news outlets, at this point evidence is shows that online news is a bit less credible than traditional news.

On the website forbes.com it says that "fake news will be a historical point of reference for a society that needed an important conversation about journalism, facts, social media and critical analysis."

Its hard to determine real news from fake news, what I do is research the news, visit different websites, and use common sense.

Comments

  1. I agree, the factor of someone not having to show their face and the possibility that they can create a fake name encourage that anyone could write whatever they feel like. While I do agree that some online sources are not trustworthy, you cannot always trust traditional sources either due to the extreme bias. I do the same in that I compare stories across multiple websites.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment